Our client is a global leader in design, engineering and delivery of facilities for high-tech industries. They have a rich history spanning over 100 years. Their origin is in Stuttgart, Germany. Today, our client is active with locations around the globe as they continue delivering some of the most challenging technology facilities in the world. Our client has global activities and plans to enlarge the Belgian activities substantially and therefore is hiring additional staff.
In order to support its development, our client is looking for a Construction Manager for Life Sciences Projects and for the Belgium office (East Flanders). The role consists in delivering projects to the satisfaction of both the company and the client.
Your duties and responsibilities
In the context of your mission, you will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for construction activities on site
- Establishing and implementation of the EHS program in cooperation with a EHS Manager
- Ensuring installation quality is monitored during the entire construction period
- Creation and handling of construction schedule for the project together with the Project Manager
- Reviewing the collaboration with contractors regarding progress, work methods and risks
- Review and report the overall construction progress to the project manager and/or client
- Regular coordination with project management and engineering disciplines
- Ensure that all legal and social security requirements are followed.
- Ensure that the clients procedures are followed and that all relevant information is communicated to all personnel involved in the project(s).
- Communicate the project schedule to the project team and ensure that the objectives are defined, achieved and understood.
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers on the project, conduct regular meetings with subcontractors and suppliers, manage changes to maintain the project schedule.
- Follow up on disputes and complaints with the customer/supplier /subcontractors in collaboration with the relevant departments (purchasing, quality) and his/her hierarchy.
- When necessary, assume responsibility for the implementation of risk prevention at the site of operation
- You have several years of relevant work experience in a Construction Management role in projects ideally for the biotechnological and pharmaceutical industry
- You hold strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, team player qualities
- You are fluent in Dutch or French and English
- You have experience in a multi-cultural context appreciated
- You have knowledge of relevant legislation and industry (cGMP, ISPE) standards
- You are willing to coach and train a team
The client’s values
The client’s values are the guiding principles for their behavior at the client when dealing with their clients and other stakeholders of their company as well as when managing internal matters. Respecting and holding to these values, they will achieve future success together.
We live “safety first”
We are committed to an incident-free workplace where everyone goes home safe. We extend our safety advocacy beyond company walls. We put people and their wellbeing at the heart of everything we do.
We collaborate as one team
We cultivate an open and transparent environment based on mutual respect. We celebrate inclusion and diversity. We connect expertise by building solution-driven teams and appreciate both individual and team contributions. We communicate effectively.
We shape the future
We actively drive the trends and innovations that will shape tomorrow’s world. We continuously learn and improve to meet the future needs. We embrace new ideas and creativity. We act sustainably to build a better future for generations to come.
We act with integrity at all times
We are trustworthy and reliable – always endeavor to do the right thing. We build relationships with our clients, business partners and colleagues on a foundation of honesty and transparency. We comply with our code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
We commit to excellence
We take pride in our industry-leading competence and expertise. We encourage and enable our people to achieve their full potential. We adhere to high quality standards. We translate our excellence into project execution in an efficient, pragmatic and timely way. We focus on sustainable growth and profitability.
We are dedicated
We carry responsibility and accountability in our everyday work. We actively take ownership of our actions. We strive to overcome all hurdles to keep our commitments. We go the extra mile to achieve successful results. We bring inspiration and dedication to everything we do.