Our esteemed client, J Cortès Cigars, boasts a rich legacy dating back to 1926, remaining a cherished family enterprise renowned for its mastery in cigar craftsmanship. Originating from Belgium, the company has expanded its reach to over 80 countries globally, uniting with like-minded quality-focused entities along its journey.
Today, their diverse portfolio showcases several distinguished brands, including the iconic J. Cortès, the beloved hand-rolled Oliva, the convivial Neos, the Amigos, the aromatic Perla de Calvano and the esteemed newcomer Woerman and Wolferts.
With cutting-edge facilities in Sri Lanka and the Dominican Republic, J Cortès meticulously processes tobacco leaves to perfect cuts. Their dedication spans three generations, marked by an unwavering commitment to innovation and growth.
In pursuit of excellence, J Cortès epitomizes strong values and a compelling motto: “Don’t smoke but enjoy!”
As they continue their growth, they seek a passionate Technical Plant Manager to strengthen their team in the Dominican Republic, offering an exciting opportunity to contribute to the legacy
As a Technical Plant Manager you will work in the Dominican Republic.
You will start with an intensive training period in a similar plant in Sri Lanka to have the insights needed an a proper image on the approach. You will report to the Group Technical Manager and the General Manager of the plant.
The three main relevant aspects of the function are
- You will ensure that all technical assets and processes in the factory are optimally and efficiently used to make high-quality products, including maintenance aspect.
- You are the main project manager for all related to the technical assets and processes.
- You are an empathic and natural motivator.
Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- To manage and support the technical maintenance team. You make the planning and you ensure that the team is trained, works according to the technical regulations and grows in its position.
- To draw up a maintenance plan and divide the tasks. If necessary, you offer practical help with more complex problems.
- To provide technical assistance where necessary, on the work floor in such a way that the products are made according to the correct specifications and quality.
- To detect problems and propose the necessary solutions. By means of a thorough analysis of the production, you identify bottlenecks, quality and efficiency losses.
- To translate objectives into concrete action points and realistic implementation.
- To set up and implement projects in collaboration with the General Manager to streamline the production process and make it more efficient.
- To develop concepts and systems to guarantee the standards of our products, within the framework of client quality guarantee
- To be closely involved in investments related to the introduction of new technologies.
- Being the point of contact with regard to the technical file both within the organization and with external suppliers of installations.
- To keep continuously keep yourself informed of the latest developments and trends in your field.
- To be a leader, motivating and instructing your staff (supervisors) and indirectly also their teams.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- You have a technical professional bachelor’s or master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- You are interested in techniques and willing to understand and learn.
- You have a strong analytical mind and you like trouble shooting and problem solving. A problem is just a challenge to be soon solved. Entrepreneurial mindset.
- You are hands-on and like to be in the workplace: the place where changes take shape.
- You already have a first experience with process optimization in an industrial environment.
- You are flexible and can easily adapt to other cultures and environments. You are open minded, and able to get things done
- You like project management and are well organized. Result oriented. An eye for the timing and the budget.
- You are communicative and can convey information taking into account the level of the other.
- You have a good knowledge of English and Spanish. Spanish can be learned once started in the position.
Our client offers
- A pleasant family owned company with global activities, giving opportunities and autonomy to their collaborators.
- An attractive salary and a correct budget for housing, schooling, travel , ..
- A lot of autonomy and interesting challenges
- Support of the headquarters on all relevant aspects of the job
- A pleasant environment working in close collaboration with the plant general manager.
- Joining the Caribbean team.
Our client Core Values
Our client is proud to be a Cortèsien , passionate about their goals and dedicated to achieve those goals to build a strong company.
A Cortèsien loves simplicity and has a down to earth mentality yet open for new ideas and possibilities and is willing to change the mind and habits if necessary to get a better result.
Every person in the company is valued and respected for their commitment and contribution to the company , respect for each other is demonstrated in interpersonal inter-actions and communications.
A Cortèsien not only works as a team to achieve more but is also part of a strong and warm group that can count on each other in every stage of his development.
A Cortèsien is willing to be hands-on and to take action. He detects opportunities, creates possibilities and focusses on solutions for the problems he encounters in his professional field. He thinks solution and not problems!
Client products and services are premium brands. They aspire to deliver the same professionalism throughout the entire company in the way we work and interact with each other. On top of that, they are a bit special with cut-corners (nen hoek af). That’s why professionalism starts with an S not a P for a Cortèsien …