Niras/Ondraf is a government corporation specialized in a safe management of Radioactive waste in Belgium.
Their objective is the following: to effectively protect man and the environment, today, but also in the future, against the potential harm resulting from the existence of radioactive waste.
In order to support and reinforce their team, they are looking for a Contract management expert.
Within the Contracts department, you are responsible for the centralized management of agreements binding client to producers of radioactive waste and their renewal, contracts that are not subject to the regulations relating to public procurement, agreements with our industrial subsidiary Belgoprocess SA and protocols with foreign agencies and international organizations.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- You ensure the preparation, negotiation, conclusion and monitoring of execution of aforementioned agreements, in close collaboration with operational managers with regard to the technical aspects and the legal unit with regard to legal issues.
- You put in place the internal practices and procedures allowing you to rationalize and standardize the establishment and monitoring of these agreements.
- You participate actively, as soon as you take up your duties, in the deployment of our new Contracts unit, as well as the development of the necessary management tools its operation (dashboards, databases).
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- You hold a Master’s degree in a relevant orientation for the position proposed (lawyer, economist, commercial engineer, etc.).
- You are ready to familiarize yourself with the Belgian legislation governing the organization and nuclear waste management in general.
- You are rigorous, detail-oriented and attach importance to respecting the formalities and processes internal to the organization which are to be followed during the development, finalizing and signing contracts.
- You have effective experience in contractual negotiation, in particular in the negotiation of contracts having scientific, technical or industrial.
- You are not put off by the sometimes very scientific or technical nature of the conventions that we have to pass.
- You are a born negotiator and manage to communicate your position with the necessary diplomacy and firmness, justifying your opinions with well-founded arguments.
- Your organizational talent allows you to correctly plan the execution and follow-up on your tasks and carry them out with all the meticulousness they require.
- You easily adapt to change and manage the unexpected with ease.
- You are able to work simultaneously on several important files, with a good understanding of priorities, and emergencies do not scare you.
- You are a team player and can also work independently.
- You demonstrate versatility, initiative and resistance to stress.
- You have a sense of organization and are able to manage priorities.
- You have an excellent command of French and Dutch and – essential point – you write with ease, rigor and precision.
- You master office software, in particular Word and Excel.