Our client is a public transport operator. They have several job openings and very nice, challenging projects to work, besides a good internal culture and atmosphere, where there is room for personal development and you taking on responsibilities.
To support and reinforce their team at the client they are looking for a Site Manager.
We have several exciting opportunities for engineers who have experience and/or an education as electrical, mechanical, construction or electromechanical engineering and like to work on many different projects.
There are many projects ongoing at our client: modernisations, extensions of the network and many different constructions works. You will be in the lead for the full ‘a to z’ project management of the project(s) assigned to you as Site Manager
You will report to the Project Manager (Division Lead).
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Site Manager will have these
- You are the eyes of the organization on site and manage ‘a to z’ the whole project
- You are the contact for all stakeholders: contractors, the authorities, …
- You are responsible for the preparation and follow-up of your assigned sites
- You ensure timing and budget are respected
- You are responsible for monitoring and coordinating the contractors
- You ensure that all necessary inspections are carried out on time
- You are responsible for the control and preparation of progress and the measurement statements
- You ensure a safe site where regulations are respected
- You set up toolbox meetings to ensure that all works are performed in a compliant way and you also document so.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- You hold a bachelor’s in construction or mechanics engineering
- You preferably have 5 years of experience (less can be considered if a good potential)
- You master the techniques needed to manage construction works
- You preferably can work with the Office suite and cad software
- You have excellent knowledge of French, and we prefer a very good knowledge of Dutch.
- You have a good sense of organization and taking responsibility.
- You are flexible and you are willing to do some night shifts and weekend work
- You are able to do proper administrative work and know how to respect timing and budget
- You are a good communicator and a mediator when needed
- Assertive when needed, stress resistant and a diplomat
The client offers
- A lot of variation and an engaging function in a dynamic and pleasant environment.
- The employer guarantees you professional stability, a long term
- vision, and projects that have an impact on daily life and mobility
- You will have personal development opportunities, through internal and external training, and long-term career opportunities.
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits and a good work-life balance.