Our client is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world
Their worldwide staff of nearly 7,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of their contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development.
Their scientific focus has resulted in 17 marketed products, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. They are known for their innovations. By joining our client, you will further their mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
In the role as Senior Therapeutic Specialist – also known as Sales Representative – you will be one of the key contributors in the oncology franchise, providing patients and healthcare professionals access to this innovative treatment. The focus will be on oncology physicians who treat patients with breast cancer. Our Therapeutic Specialists across all our existing therapy areas are enthusiastic about our patient-centric approach and expertise in discussing and explaining the characteristics and benefits of our treatment(s) in a highly scientific and dynamic healthcare environment.
We are actively looking for a Therapeutic specialist to reinforce our client’s team.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious individual who likes to work as a specialized Sales in Onco/Immunology.
This function will focus on Brussels and the Brabant Region. You will report to the BUD Oncology and will work very closely with Medical Affairs and Marketing and have two colleagues on the other regions.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Product Specialist is a true professional and has former experience in specialized and informative sales in a pharma environment.
- Prepare Key Account plan for your territory aligned to the local strategic pillars and key priorities for mTNBC, cross functionally discuss & plan required actions to achieve goals. Closely monitor sales progress and action plans by leveraging available tools.
- Responsible for identifying and mapping out patient referral pathways within the cancer networks on your territory and facilitating patient access to treatment.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets in assigned territory.
- Establish and develop business relationships with key customers, accounts and relevant key opinion leaders. Responsible for setting and achieving customer contact plans and delivering on related KPIs.
- Represent company and brand at professional scientific events and promote company products at such events.
- Work co-operatively with Medical Affairs, Marketing, Market Access and Commercial Operations on various cross-functional projects.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, communicate proactively to Marketing and Sales management.
- Complete necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role.
- Compliance with country regulations and code of practice at all times.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for commercializing this breakthrough medicine, a strong competitive and commercial mindset, robust scientific acumen and a patient centric approach.
- Prior experience in an oncology specialist therapy area, and moreover in the therapeutic field of breast cancer is preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of how cancer services are delivered.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build working relationships internally and externally. Must be able to develop strong relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Must have proven expertise in building interpersonal relationships, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Must have proven experience in account planning and cross-functional account management approach.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence.
- Must be familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitors’ resources and practices.
- Must demonstrate solid analytical skills, be able to identify and understand moderate to complex issues and problems and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Must be able to work in cross-functional teams.
- Typical candidates may possess a graduate or master’s degree and relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Candidate must be fluent in Dutch and a good level of spoken French with competency in English (both oral/written)
Our client Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity