Our Client is a niche specialist in lab management and automation. They often are engaged by Life Science companies where they have built an excellent reputation regarding their excellence and expertise. They have projects ongoing in Belgium and far abroad. They also develop hardware and software products for the laboratory environment. They still are privately owned and have a small and pleasant company enabling their staff to grow.
We have an exciting opportunity for several motivated and engaged Service Engineers
Our client is looking for Field Engineers with a few years of experience. The goal is to keep production and field questions running within the scope in an efficient and profitable manner while working together with the team.
The products are used by customers doing all different kinds of scientific activities, so you will need to start by learning a thing or two about the industry we live and breathe in
You will be working nationally or on international projects (choice). The headquarters are near Sint Niklaas.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Excellent knowledge of (fine !) machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers, etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints, etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Perform overall quality control of the work and report to service manager
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Mechanical assembly of hightech systems in house
- Software configuration of new systems
- Update quality documentation during installation/configuration
- Installation of new units on-site
- Training customers on-site
- Assignments / installations can be delivered without any other problem
- Perform regular maintenances of units on-site
- Configuration of microscope in laboratories
- Giving support remotely by a ticketing system
- Independently perform tasks while keeping the team-spirit in mind.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor Electro-Mechanical engineering . A motivated A2 level is also very welcome and appreciated
- Advanced MS Office 365 skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- A problem-solving set of mind instead of a forwarding set of mind
- Familiar with high tech technology
- Hands-on mentality
- Willing to travel abroad 30% (Worldwide) and Benelux 40% depending on the role. One position is at Wavre.
- Very good communication skills in following languages: Dutch, English
- Basic spoken French is essential.
Our client Core Values
As a lean organization, our client offers a committed and inclusive working environment, where you can take accountability and make a difference. They are loyal and expect no less.
- Exceed expectations
We are looking for a service engineers for a small but well-respected niche provider in specialty solutions, mainly for the life science sectors lab environment. You are service and solutions driven and keen on ‘fine technics’. You work at the highest standards and will take your responsibility. You will be able to learn on the job and become an expert. You will be servicing high end customers.