Our client is a world-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
Their Financial Services Industry practice in Belgium offers a wide array of services specifically designed for financial institutions in the banking, securities, insurance, investment management, and payment industries. In addition to attest and tax, we offer services in risk management, actuarial services, regulatory compliance, human capital, operations performance and technology solutions.
We are actively looking for a Financial Regulatory /Compliance Expert (life insurance) to reinforce client’s team. You will be assigned at the client to implement projects. The clients mostly are financial institutions, banks an insurance companies located in the Benelux.
This function is stationed in near Brussels Airport and is partly at the client and remote.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Within our clients Governance, Regulatory & Risk department in Zaventem, they are currently looking for a Senior Consultant with Life Insurance/ Financial regulatory experience.
- Join a larger team of legal and regulatory experts serving the entire Financial Service Industry (banking, asset management, insurance, etc.)
- Work alongside top experts on all domains of the FSI value chain (actuaries, risk management and valuation experts, strategy consulting, finance transformation, etc.) on the most interesting, innovative and challenging projects in the world
- Help clients define their regulatory strategy and translate their vision into concrete initiatives
- Support clients in their business transformation by turning existing legal and regulatory challenges into concrete opportunities
- Support clients by developing practical and innovative solutions to manage their legal and regulatory challenges
- Support clients in large regulatory implementation projects
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in law or economics or comparable.
- At least 3 to 6 years of experience within the Life Insurance business for instance within a legal or compliance team of an insurance company or in the financial sector.
- Deep knowledge of financial regulations, by preference on Life insurance, laws and regulations, as well as relevant conduct and product regulation (AssurMIFID, IMD/IDD, PRIIPs, etc.), you are the expert.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a drive and desire to deliver top quality service to clients.
- Willingness to some travel and working on international projects.
- Fluent in English both orally and in writing; you have a good knowledge of both Dutch and /or French.
- Team worker and client oriented
- Good communication skills and initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and be able to demonstrate and deliver high quality work
Our client Core Values
- Outstanding value to markets & clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
Our client offers an interesting package, including personalized learning and coaching options, besides a good work life balance (hybrid, part time), mobility and benefits to your choice.