Our Client is a world’s leading steel and mining company, with around 199,000 employees in more than 60 countries
As a global player and buyer of goods and services, the European Procurement Organization (EPO), based in Ghent, leverages technical excellence to develop best TCO solutions to secure the client’s supply chain. Managing 28.5 $bn spend worldwide we are providing efficient and reliable services to internal customers.
They are currently hiring several new employees working in different units within the Purchase Department, such as Industrial Services & Spare Parts, Mechanical Parts, Capex, …
You will purchase and negotiate materials and services for at 8 sites (plants) in 6 countries (Spain, Germany, France, Poland, Belgium and Italy).
We are actively looking for different buyers, starting from some experience to very experienced, to reinforce client’s team.
The ideal candidate is interested and has experience in
- strategic procurement activities for one on one of these aspects: capex, mechanical parts, spare parts, mill operation, decarbonization OR procurement as such with focus on spend for Belgium
- Analyzing spend in Belgium and drive cost reduction
- Working closely with internal customers on site to ensure effective strategic procurement and business continuity
- Working closely with other and Lead Buyers in conducting research on supply markets, price benchmarks, and supplier profiles
This function is stationed in Ghent with some remote options and occasional travel.
You will report to the Lead Buyer of your department and indirect in matrix to the Head of the Global department and become a member of the Purchase Department (EPO)
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Buyer needs to be a true professional and has these
- Execute supplier selection, monitor and validate negotiation / e-auctions and POs, and contracting for the products/services needed for POs of 1.500 to 20.000.
- The buyer monitors RFQ process done by BCOE team.
- Develop and maintain supplier panel
- Monitor contract (POs) compliance
- Deliver savings and subcategory KPI targets and assist Lead Buyer with necessary analyses:
- Spend data analysis and basic financial analyses
- Performance reporting
- Price benchmarks
- Supplier profile
- Achieve effective procurement and business continuity by cooperating with internal customers
- Participate in transversal working groups and projects
- Analyze repetitive Spot items and ensure that they are added to contracts
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- You hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Procurement, Engineering or Supply Chain.
- You have a Successful track record in Procurement and you know the main suppliers panels for mechanical and electrical products/capex/ decarbonization/ spare parts
- 1-3 years of experience in financial analysis will be an asset.
- As a genuine buyer, you have problem-solving and analytical skills and a good ease facing numbers.
- You have a good technical knowledge of contracts and targeted systems but also in project management and negotiation.
- With a technical background you have Mechanical and electrical competences and thus, you are able to discuss on technical topics with users and to technically evaluate different supplier proposals
- You combine a strong personality/leadership and communication skills with an appetite for finding information on innovative industry trends and for market analysis.
- Result and Customer oriented, you are able to work under deadline pressure and to manage the change
- We prefer an excellent knowledge of Dutch and Any additional European language is a plus. If you’re English is perfect and ALL requirements fulfilled, you can apply.
Our client offers
- An international and challenging workplace with focus on sustainability through our business.
- An attractive 5-level career path with continuous development opportunities, accredited procurement qualifications and international assignment opportunities within EPO and the group.
- Highly skilled and inspiring colleagues-business partners from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong personal development opportunities, knowledge exchanges, continuous improvement and teamwork.
Our client Core Values
- Technology and innovation