Our client is a business unit of a large international group and has an impressive history since beginning of last century. They are a leading manufacturer of customized industrial separation equipment. And provide their services and products to lots of different sectors.
They have 9 manufacturing/service facilities and over 100 sales offices globally, enabling to provide the best service to their clients in their niche specialization wherever needed.
For the service facility located in Belgium Belgium, they are looking for a Regional Technical Sales Manager with excellent project management skills.
We have an exciting role as Regional Technical Sales Manager. The manager will be responsible for maximizing sales of the products in the assigned territory. This role will supervise and evaluate selling effort of sales representatives and execute direct sales in the assigned territory. And will also provide day-to-day application and technical support to sales representatives, customers, inside staff and customer service group. You will certainly be challenged on your technical and communication skills.
The assigned territory will probably be : Nordics – Baltics – the Anglo Saxon territories
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Establish lasting, professional relationships with customer contacts. Meet regularly with customers, and get intimately familiar with their business plans.
- Understand customer’s local environment and identify new technical applications suited to their needs.
- Understand the request of the client from a technical perspective and be able to internally launch in order to get the best solution and a correct pricing/offer.
- Develop sales plans and strategies in coordination with the European Sales Force.
- Deliver on sales targets.
- Confer with sales representatives, direct sales employees or customer service to develop sales objectives for market areas.
- Recommend pricing strategies and promotional programs for key customers in assigned territory.
- Maintain personal contact with key customers in assigned markets.
- Recruit, interview, and selects candidates for sales representative or direct sales positions within assigned region in coordination with the European Sales Force, hierarchy and Legal Department.
- Hold responsibility for new agent/hiring training and development.
- Analyse sales representative or direct sales team member and effect change as needed to sustain and continue growth.
- Develop and implement management programs for major accounts.
- Develop new business by finding opportunities in new technology and services and maintains existing business.
- Ensure that problems arising from sales are responded to and appropriately managed.
- Actively update account and sales management regarding changes to customer accounts.
- Use the sales systems and processes to document and communicate opportunities, market and competitive intelligence, customer information including: contacts, visit reports, etc.
You will be working close to the lab, the engineers, … to prepare a correct service and technical solution and a matching offer towards your clients. You will team report to the General Manager and the European Sales Director.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- You have an engineering education (Chemistry Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Food Technology Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, … ).
- You have at least five years experience in Industrial Process Equipment
- You preferably have experience with vibrating / gyratory separation equipment
- Field experience would be a plus
- You have excellent project management skills and are stress resistant
- You have strong technical comprehension/understanding abilities
- You have strong communication skills : verbally and in writing.
- You are convincing and believe in ‘high standards’.
- You have a drivers license and are willing to travel to the assigned territory (30% estimated)
- You are able to direct, coach and guide others—supervisory interest or skills.
- Your English, both written and spoken is excellent. French and all others languages are a plus.
Expected professional attitude
- Quality and safety matter a lot. You ensure that all activities are carried out in a healthy, safe and environmentally responsible manner. And look for improvements and ‘buy in’.
- You are willing to understand and live up to industrial standards, internally and sector specific to service every client correctly.
Our clients core values
- Experience (since 1917)
We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager/Project Engineer who will be responsible for an assigned territory. You will be the translator of the technical requirement towards the business and commercialize niche technical products in multiple sectors. You deliver services at a high standard and a good project manager and communicator. Your technical insights are very good. You are able to coach a team.