Our client is an international company and national oil company. Their activities are focused on petroleum exploration, production, petrochemicals, refining, marketing, and transportation. They are a renowned company and would like to strengthen their French team with a Regional Operations Specialist. This employee will inspect all petrol stations of a region and coach the team to service the clients at their very best regarding the safety and technical level.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced ‘Regional Operations Specialist’. You will be visiting all petrol stations of the region and make sure they are safe and pleasure to visit. In short be the responsible for the operation excellence of your region.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The ‘Regional Operations Specialist is responsible for the responsibilities as mentioned here below:
- Be the focal point, for his/her region for the watchman
- Organize regular on-site and remote contacts to maintain a high level of service of the watchman
- Organize regular Watchman meetings to remind the Safety Guidelines, share operational experience/best practices and give training when required
- Keep Watchman Manual up-to-date and have it centrally published (new services …)
- Perform periodic evaluations to ensure that the activities of the WM are in line with the contract stipulations and ensure that correctives actions are taken
- Find new watchman or terminate collaboration with a WM where en when required
- Try to rationalize and centralize as much as possible watchmen regions to streamline communication and reduce administrative workload
- Ensure the watchmen are following E-maintenance (EM+) procedures
- Maintain WM contract database up to date
- Ensure yearly creation of purchase orders for WM and other relevant suppliers (greenzone, mobile toilets, waste disposal, utilities, connectivity…)
- Set up and have watchman contract signed
- Perform invoices control and approval within his/her DOA (Delegation of Authorities)
- Monthly control of the opex and explain the deviations (Excl Tango)
- Daily control of opex by reducing unnecessary costs (self-looking for solution) – technical knowledge
- Create appropriate reporting such as total breakdown overview
- Follow up the monthly control sheets and utility meters (IDS only)
- Cooperate with engineering admin team to update EM+ Master data
- Understand and support the Retail/GCB/Engineering strategy and participate actively in the implementation of the roadmaps
- Participate actively to the perfect maintenance plan by setting priorities considering different parameters like site rentability, volumes, customer requirements, safety, legal requirements and permits
- Collect all information to feed or/and control the assets database and site-specific items
- Be responsible for the purchasing of service / material related to the operations activities (e.g. : Watchman service company, cleaning material, disposable,…), with respect of the procedures
- Ensure that deviations in the quality (services / material) provided by a supplier are escalated to the Contract Owner and Contract Coordinator
- Work closely with the Contract Coordinator, Purchasing for the evaluation of the suppliers during the tender process.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimal a Bachelor degree, preferable technical bachelor degree (or equivalent by experience in retail discipline).
- VCA or safety certificates are very welcome
- Good written and verbal knowledge of (Dutch would be nice), French and English are a must.
- You are a teamplayer and flexible
- Besides you are a solution driven and a creative thinker
- You hold strong communication skills and are customer focus
- A can-do attitude, an open minded is what we look for.
- As is an accurate worker with commercial feeling
- Computer literate: Microsoft office Programs at very minimum
- You have a good feeling with technology and are an early adaptor
- People manager and inspiring leadership-style
Our client Core Values
The business is driven in a creative and innovative way and in respect with their values :
- Corporate thinking
We are looking for a Regional Operations specialist who will ensure operation excellence in the petrol stations of his/her region. You have a technical background, and you are hands on. You are communicative and service driven. You go for the solution and will take the local teams along. Commercial drive. Perfect French and English !