Our Client is a niche specialist in lab management and automation. They often are engaged by Life Science companies where they have built an excellent reputation regarding their excellence and expertise. They have projects ongoing in Belgium and far abroad. They also develop hardware and software products for the laboratory environment. They still are privately owned and have a small and pleasant company enabling their staff to grow.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and engaged Project Manager.
Our clients Production Department engages a Project Manager who will coordinate the projects within a lab automation environment and to complete them in time while working together with the team. The goal is to maintain projects within the scope in an efficient and profitable manner. The products are used by customers doing all different kinds of scientific activities (often life sciences), so you will need to start by learning a thing or two about the industry our clients live and breathe in.
You will support the engineers working on our national and international projects. The headquarters are near Sint Niklaas, but you mostly can work remote.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Maintain and coordinate the systems not only in a technical way, but also documented correctly.
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and mentor the project engineering team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with the project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Coordinate and support purchase in composing a correct BOM and make sure deliverable are in time
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans, conferring with management
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office 365 skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Current engineer license
- Time management and organization skills
- MSc/MA degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Languages: Dutch, English, French
Our client Core Values
As a lean organization, our client offers a committed and inclusive working environment, where you can take accountability and make a difference. They are loyal and expect no less.
- Exceed expectations
We are looking for a project manager for a small but well-respected niche provider in specialty solutions, mainly for the life science sectors lab environment. You are service and solutions driven. You work at the highest standards and will take responsibility. Both getting things organised and make use of IT tools as an instrument to make work efficient is exactly what we look for.