Medical Information Manager (MIM) – Therabel – Brussels
Therabel Pharma is a privately-owned pharmaceutical company, with a long and significant history.
Therabel Pharma has achieved extensive international expansion by means of both acquisitions and organic growth. They generate their product portfolio primarily through collaborations with other pharmaceutical companies and so benefit from the highest level of commitment and focus. Their objective is to provide safe and effective therapeutic solutions developed by their partners, making these available to European healthcare professionals and patients through our know-how in market access and commercialization.
They believe that their long-term success relies on their commitment to a clear set of values and strict compliance with industry regulations. They prefer to work at the highest standard of quality.
To support and reinforce their team they are looking for a Medical Information Manager (MIM).
We have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Information Manager, who will be responsible for providing a variety of external and internal customers with medical and scientific information on the appropriate utilization of the clients products and with more general information about their therapeutic area. The client is active in food supplements, medical devices and medicines.
This position will proactively build healthcare provider support, by using a scientific approach aligned with the Brand Plans and therapeutic needs. The MIM is a credible and valued representative of the company in a variety of interactions with key stakeholders.
You will be reporting to the Director Regulatory Affairs & Market Access and strengthen the Regulatory Affairs team.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The MIM is a credible and valued representative of the company in a variety of interactions with key stakeholders. The MIM plays a key role in the R&D (formulation/stability) and launch of new Products.
The Medical Information Manager will maintain a current knowledge of published literature in the respective therapeutic area of specialization as well as attend meetings for educational purposes. Maintain a training program/plan and material for product and/or medical information for the applicable audience at regular basis in a compliant manner. Ensure medical and ethical correctness of promotional materials and communications by critical and timely review of these materials in close collaboration with the Responsible Person Information and Publicity.
The Medical Information Manager is responsible for:
Overall responsibilities and objectives:
- Provide medical or science-based education & information at advanced level
- Creating an effective interface between Sales & Marketing needs within a regulated environment
- Key contribution to the OTC product development (scientific insights)
- Exhibits comprehensive knowledge of the Medical Information and publicity work and processes as well as good understanding of other internal stakeholders and be the expert
- Serves as the subject matter expert for Medical Information on clients products.
- Provide proactive scientific advice for clients products as part of marketing strategies.
- Creates, maintains and optimizes local MI & PUB documents collection by ensuring that responses and materials are medically and scientifically accurate, timely, fair balanced, and meet customers needs as well as marketing standards.
- Ensure and support audit readiness for Medical Information & publicity at all times.
- Ensures the appropriate and timely review and approval of any generated materials (Rx, OTC, Food Supplements, Medical Devices) in accordance with relevant SOPs and local laws/codes of practice.
- Establish and continuously monitor enquiry trends and metrics and proactively identifies unmet content needs and communicates product trends to the wider business.
- Provides an MI & PUB perspective on the development and revision of SOPs.
- Performs on a regular basis a self-inspection on the sample management process in place to guarantee the good distribution and tracking of samples towards HCP. Guarantees compliances of regulations on samples.
- Ensures implementation of the latest regulatory changes in clients products promotional materials.
- Actively participates and interacts with cross-functional team members to ensure sharing of insights and data and assists in the management of product issues/crisis.
- Proactively seeks new innovative solutions to improve MI & PUB processes and responses and to resolve problems.
- Ensures tracking tools, registers are implemented and controlled for samples, FAQs and promotional materials.
- Ensures compliance of regulations on premiums or advantage.
- Provides Sales Force & Marketing Scientific Training & perform regular e-testing
- Ensures that the frontline personnel have the necessary training and resources to appropriately meet customer needs and expectations.
- Participates in product development in serving scientific advice on clients products.
- Management of FAQ’s in cooperation with Marketing.
- Performs on a regular basis a self-inspection based on the current law of medicines, Royal Decree of April 7th 1995 on all MI processes such as but not limited to the sample management process in place to guarantee the good distribution and tracking of samples towards HCP. Guarantees compliances of regulations on samples and MI processes.
- Respecting the Ethics & Compliance through Pharma.be/Bachi Codes and Mdeon deontology.
- Back up adverse events data entry
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- You hold a Master’s degree. Both scientific or medical/pharmaceutical would be an option.
- You have a prior experience in the Pharma Industry of 5 years.
- By preference you are advanced trained (residency or fellowship) in Medical Information, and you have a good understanding of pharmaceutical industry Medical Information
- You have a good understanding of Regulatory Affairs
- Familiarity with food supplements, medical device and medicines guidelines /directives and standards for medical information & publicity is welcome as well
- You are perfect bilingual (NL-FR) and good skills in English (spoken/written)
- You have marketing affinity and business understanding
- You demonstrate effective relationship management and are customer orientated.
- You demonstrate good analytical skills
- Selfcare-environment knowledge and experience are considered as an asset
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (including an ability to network)
- You have excellent teaching skills and the ability to present and discuss scientific material clearly and concisely.
- You are able to participate in a scientific dialogue with HCPs and scientists
- You are able to generate information in a clear and precise way
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- You can effectively deal with ambiguity and adapts quickly to change
- You are solution driven and target oriented
- You possess solid skills at critically evaluating literature and writing/summarizing clinical and scientific data.
- Holding a RIP number @ FAGG /AFMPS would be considered as a plus.
- You can work autonomously and at a high standard.
Our client offers
- A family owned company with a pleasant warm corporate culture. They know very little staff turnover and hold a stable long term vision.
- An attractive salary package.
- Highly skilled and inspiring colleagues.
- Responsibility and autonomy will be given in your work.
- Strong personal development opportunities, knowledge exchanges, continuous improvement and teamwork.
Our client Core Values
- Our client does pay a great deal of attention to their corporate culture and embraces a human scaled business structure and philosophy. Their approach is ethical and at high standards and with a focus on the mid to long term.
We are looking for a Medical Information Manager who has a background in medical sciences and a similar role.
Someone fond of a scientific and in-depth approach. Someone who likes a comprehensive scientific/medical knowledge and understanding of the products in the portfolio. Someone who is prepared to become ‘the’ expert who can explain about scientific/medical aspects both internally and externally. Interested in medicine, medical device and food supplements.
You hold great communication skills and like to train internal colleagues on the aspects related to medical information. You oversee the regulatory aspects related to the medical information. You thrive on understanding scientific aspects of the products and can easily generate, archive, update, inform, train, evaluate … on/about the medical informational needs in a precise and concise way. Good language skills. Responsible teamworker with autonomy.