Our Client is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. They deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Their worldwide staff of nearly 7,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Their scientific focus has resulted in 17 marketed products, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining our client, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. Our client is based in Brussels (Diegem) with approximately 40 employees. By joining our team, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life threatening diseases. The therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases and cancer.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Market Access Associate Director.
Following the expansion of the Oncology franchise with the acquisitions of Immunomedics and the development of a CAR-T portfolio within Kite, the BeLux Market Access team is expanding with a new and exciting opportunity for a Market Access Associate Director Oncology & Hematology. This role will have overall responsibility to lead initiatives for gaining national and local access while maximizing the value of the new Oncology and Hematology portfolio in the BeLux market.
The role will report to the Director External Affairs and will be primarily office based at the Brussels (Diegem) office.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Responsibility covered by this role include development and execution of pricing & reimbursement strategies, developing compelling value propositions, including economic and clinical argumentation for payers in Belgium and Luxembourg. Furthermore, this role will work in close alignment with the cross functional teams at our client and have an import role in interacting with key external stakeholders (e.g. authorities and payers).
In addition, this role will take on additional responsibilities to support Market Access tasks, consisting mainly of supporting the strategic pricing across the oncology/hematology portfolio. The evolving product portfolio of our client entails that the product focus of the market access team will broaden in the future and provides development opportunities to the team and individuals.
- Lead and implement the market access, reimbursement and pricing strategies for the new Oncology and established Hematology therapeutic areas in collaboration with external and internal partners
- Leads on delivery of successful HTA outcomes to gain reimbursement on national level for the Oncology/Hematology portfolio in Belgium and in Luxembourg.
- A key member of the cross functional team, providing strategic input for the development and support of the brand value story and developing the appropriate tools for the delivery of the brand value messages to payer stakeholders
- A key player in the External Affairs team, engages and leverages network with national payers and other relevant Market Access stakeholders (such as RIZIV-INAMI and sickness funds)
- Work together with the Brand teams to develop value propositions that enable local hospital access solutions which result in outcomes benefiting patients and our client.
- Supports and implements pricing strategies and initiatives in alignment with local procedures and consistent with the global pricing strategy
- Affinity and solid understanding of pricing dynamics that impact our client’s portfolio, and drive to raise the bar on current practices
- Establishes working relationships with all relevant functions across our client franchises and supports development of account plans with Our client teams to ensure access for our client products.
- Ensures all activities are compliant with Business Conduct Manual for the BeLux affiliate but also external guidance and policies which are pertinent to somebody working in this role.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- A Master of Science or PhD degree in Economics, Health Economics, Business studies, Medicine, Pharmacy, or another relevant topic
- Robust and demonstrable experience in developing, implementing and performance delivery of market access and health economic strategies and materials
- Experience in Market Access with a proven record of gaining access for new high value medicines, preferable in Oncology
- Solid understanding of Market Access processes and payer needs and strategies at national level in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Driven & proactive with strong analytical skills to lead Oncology access initiatives
- Demonstrates accountability, a mindset that works through uncertainty, delivers to expectations, and exhibits a sense of urgency on critical time-dependent issues
- Capability to network, build strong and credible relationships with payer stakeholders
- Strong teamwork and facilitation, effective working in matrix environment and managing cross functional responsibilities
- Have excellent communications skills in Dutch, French and English (oral and written) to be able to present recommendations at affiliate leadership and above country level.
- The ideal candidate will align with our clients core values by being accountable for their work, displaying integrity in everything they do, thriving in a team environment, ensuring inclusiveness and seeing excellence as a key measure of success.
- Previous experience in working on oncology products will be preferred.
Our client Core Values
As a lean organization, our client offers a committed and inclusive working environment, where you can take accountability and make a difference.
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
We are looking for an expert in market access and offer that person a very interesting position. You will be able to work autonomous and be ‘holding the steering wheel’. We look for someone driven and eager to make the difference. By preference having some experience/affinity in oncology, rare diseases or innovative treatments. This role will have overall responsibility to lead initiatives for gaining national and local access for the Belux Market.