To continue to support the growth of our client we are currently recruiting a (Global) Senior Business development Director .
This position is member of the management team.
- Outline a long-term sales growth strategy
- The ability to drive relationships and develop or grow new opportunities across accounts
- New customer acquisition while managing customer portfolio to secure and expand business
- Generating new and repeat business within accounts
- Understanding of Clinical Research Organisations (CRO)
- Research and pursue prospective accounts in company’s target markets and foster an ongoing pipeline of business opportunities through new and established relationships
- Develop and execute sales plans and initiatives that support profitability and revenue objectives of the organization
- Identify client needs and develop creative solutions for projects
- Ensure accuracy of sales forecasting for the annual budgeting process and manage throughout the year to ensure budget and profitability targets are met or exceeded
- Review proposals for pricing and content and handle contract negotiations with clients
- Provide guidance on operational strategy sessions to develop value added proposals and responses to RFPs
- Strong working relationship with internal HistogeneX management and site leadership
- Contribute to market analysis on all key competitors including service offerings, acquisitions and pricing with a special focus on patient-reported outcomes vendors.
- Contribute to proposal strategy, including pricing and service requirements.
- Staying up-to-date with clinical trial design methodologies in the indication areas relevant for Histogenex
- Attend conferences and trade shows to market Histogenex and build relationships
- Manage a business development team of 2-4 people
- 5+ years of experience in Account Management and/or new business development within the Pharmaceutical and/or Clinical Research industries is required. This includes experience with and in-depth knowledge of clinical trial design and drug development.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization
- Excellent people management and negotiation skills
- Demonstration of the following competencies: results oriented, customer focus, excellent listening, communication (English oral & written), and negotiating skills, presentation skills, organization agility, business acumen, interpersonal savvy, ethics and values.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a regular basis (30%)
Our Client is a biomarker laboratory group, founded begin 2000, with HQ in Antwerp and a 2nd lab in Naperville, USA. The company is supporting large international pharma companies during their drug development processes, by providing biomarker testing services. Our Client is predominantly focused on oncology drugs and has been growing fast over the last years with 125 FTEs