Our client is part of a larger group. They are a research and expertise centre focusing on electrical power technology, with a team of over 370 employees. They support the entire electricity value chain, providing customized solutions to a diverse range of customers from various fields and industries.
The EMC laboratory is an accredited test laboratory in accordance with the ISO17025 standard. It is active in a wide range of fields, from the most common household electrical applications (mainly household appliances) to various industrial applications (railways, medical, lighting, motor control), not forgetting of course applications that are closer to the players and the current context of the energy transition (electric vehicle charging stations, tests on solar panel or battery field inverters, tests on components for the nuclear industry, …
They are looking for a new employee to replace a staff member who will retire mid of next year. For their EMC lab they are looking for a electrician who works accurately and is willing to learn the correct approach during a transfer period.
In order to support the team you will mainly work in the EMC laboratory, but you may also be asked to support other laboratories, such as the power electronics laboratory, depending on the workload. The EMC laboratory consists of 4 staff members and is part of a larger group, the Power Networks and Industry team. You will test the products by electromagnetic field measurements clients and verify the compliance with the standards.
In the context of your mission, you will be responsible for:
- After a period of training (internal and external) to enable you to carry out tests independently, you will progressively carry out laboratory tests and prepare test reports for our customers independently. After a while, you will also be involved in taking part in quotations and invoicing our customers.
- You will also play an active role, assisted by your direct colleagues, in the day-to-day running of the laboratory.
- You will be in regular contact with customers and suppliers for technical discussions.
- As part of the team, you may be asked to participate in the development of new test benches, from defining the need for equipment and apparatus to installation, commissioning and obtaining Belac accreditation for the new test bench.
- In addition to laboratory work, you will also have the opportunity to carry out electromagnetic field measurements on industrial sites or in private homes. Other activities such as EMC audits at industrial facilities will also be possible, depending on opportunities and your affinities.
- You will take part in annual training courses to further develop your skills, and your career path will be managed in collaboration with your direct manager.
- You will work alongside a supportive team, and will have access to professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career.
- You hold a degree/bachelor’s degree in a technical field related to electricity, electronics or telecoms or have relevant experience in this field
- You have some initial professional experience in a laboratory or in the field of electrical measurements, electronics or telecoms as this would be an asset.
- You have skills in electronics and/ or experience of working with NBN, EN and IEC standards.
- You have an affinity for laboratory and field work. You enjoy finding technical solutions to problems. You are able to do the testing and to report on the testings.
- You have good organizational skills and are a team player who works accurate and precise.
- You like to learn and curiosity is in your nature.
- show rigor and do you enjoy following the quality processes specific to an accredited laboratory?
- You communicate well and show customer-orientation.
- You communicate in Dutch and able to understand or are prepared to develop rapidly in the second language. An understanding of English is required (at least in writing).