The Director will be part of the leadership team and is responsible for the full laboratories operations across all locations globally.
You will manage 8 direct reports and be responsible for 80 people.
You will report to the CEO, one of the founders of Our client and be a member of the management team
- The Director of laboratory operations his/ her primary responsibility includes process improvement, implementation, planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of the different laboratories. Ensure that services are of the best quality, are cost contained and are carried out in an expeditious manner.
- He/she provides leadership to laboratory operations organizations.
- He/she is responsible for ensuring that analyses are produced maintaining the highest quality standards and on time delivery.
- He/she is responsible for delivering process improvements for the laboratory activities.
- He/She is responsible for instilling and maintaining operational excellence and efficiency.
- He/She will develop a culture of continuous improvement ground in accountability and a sense of urgency within its departments and peers.
- He/ she will drive strategic analysis and review the necessary means to ensure that the business is focused on timely delivery, quality, innovation and will create synergies across laboratory locations where appropriate
- The position is based in Antwerp.
- Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and on-time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively.
- Outline a short term and long-term laboratory operation strategy
- Prepare department budgets for personnel, operating expenses and capital equipment.
- Direct and participate in the human resource management function for the department by coordinating the selection, promotion, orientation and performance appraisal processes.
- Provide strong leadership to operations organizations
- Constantly analyze production processes within the business and propose ways to improve when needed
- Direct ownership of relevant KPI’s
- Strong working relationship with internal Our client management and site leadership
- Manage 8 direct reports and 80 people within the laboratories
- Participate to the development of the laboratory information systems
- Hands on mentality
Experience – skills
- Master’s degree in Science
- Previous (5 years+) experience in the management of clinical laboratories is a strong plus
- Experience in systems engineering, process engineering, and change management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent people management and negotiation skills
- Demonstration of the following competencies: results oriented, customer focus, excellent listening, communication (English oral & written), presentation skills, organization agility, business acumen, interpersonal savvy, ethics and values.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a regular basis
Our client is a biomarker laboratory group, founded in 2001, with HQ in Antwerp ,a 2nd lab in Chicago, USA and a third one to come. The company is supporting large international pharma companies during their drug development processes, by providing biomarker testing services. Our client is predominantly focused on oncology drugs.
Our client has been growing fast over the last years and generates 26 million turnover in 2018 with 140 FTEs. To continue to support its growth Our client is currently recruiting a Director of Laboratory Operations.