Our client has its EMEA headquarters and distribution facilities in Belgium as some of the production. Our client is a core player in the EMEA healthcare market and provides best in class quality products and services
They are well known for their innovation and sustainable growth
To support and reinforce their team they are looking for a Contract Management Specialist – Paralegal who will report to the General Counsel VP Legal & Compliance.
The Legal & Compliance department of our client supports the other business units and support teams with expert advice regarding contract law, GDPR, compliance related issues and many other topics requiring legal support.
Your will be responsible to provide Legal & Administrative support to the EMEA Legal Affairs & Compliance department.
- You do this by protecting and strengthening the business by ensuring consistent and effective management of a wide variety of contracts in the Contract Management System, including leveraging of technology to improve the Legal & Compliance efficiency.
- Legal document management and corporate house-keeping
- You give support in the privacy program and other compliance programs.
The focus of this role will be on legal ‘tech’, contract management database support (automate and standard contracts) and the coordination and management of the corporate housekeeping including the set-up of a system. Your work will include the communication and training of other departments who are in need of legal or compliance support.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Support of the Contract Management System
- You’ll assist in the maintenance of the CMS and support users of the system and provide training.
- You’ll prepare and run reports and support proper management of the contracts in the CMS.
- You’ll assist in automating template contracts and automate workflows.
- You’ll respond to requests and escalations from internal Business partners on contracts management issues, policies, and procedures.
- You’ll prepare, review and put in place a variety of contracts under the direction of the Legal Counsels
- You’ll collaborate with internal Business clients and Legal Counsel on contract requirements and advice internal Business clients.
- You’ll conduct training on contracting process to Business clients as requested by Legal Counsels.
- You’ll assist in drafting templates and standard contracts, as well as assisting in handling processing and follow-up on a variety of contract document requirements.
- You’ll Coordinate the Corporate housekeeping activities of 10+ affiliates across Europe and manage the corporate documents.
- You’ll provide legal support in matters such as marketing reviews, credit collection, real estate, and such other selected Legal matters for the EMEA Legal team.
- You’ll support the lawyers in providing legal and compliance training to the BU’s and functions and provide support to the privacy program.
- You’ll effectively utilize technology systems, tools, and processes to accomplish job functions and monitor performance.
- You’ll provide support on other projects of the Legal department such as helping to set up different automated systems.
- You’ll be accountable for ensuring good record-keeping practices and appropriate administrative and office practices are in place to support the efficient operations of the department.
- You’ll model the Company core values.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- You have a legal or paralegal degree, or equivalent experience, such as in business management (database set up and maintenance).
- The candidate we’re looking for has minimum 3 years of experience.
- You have a strong sense of discretion and confidentiality. Ideally you have experience in Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical Business.
- You have excellent working knowledge of English (written and spoken). Any other language knowledge is a plus.
- You are proficient in MS Office & SAP. The candidate we’re looking for has a strong affinity and interest for IT and Legal tech systems.
- You have solid analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Furthermore, you can prioritize workload, self-manage projects and handle multiple tasks at the same time. Tight Business deadlines don’t scare you.
- You have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. You get energy of working cooperatively with other departments.
Our clients core values
We are looking for a Contract Management Specialist – Paralegal who – together with the other paralegal – be responsible for the contract management support and automation, besides the drafting of standard contracts and the corporate housekeeping management. Your focus within this team will be on the ‘tech’ and ‘database’ aspects. You will be in touch with many colleagues of other departments who will need your support and your efficiency ensures a smooth collaboration and a compliant approach.