Our Client is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of nearly 7,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 17 marketed products, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining our client, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
This newly created Associate Director Product Management role provides an exciting opportunity to drive the future growth of the Oncology subsidiary in Belgium and Luxemburg and to contribute to the initial efforts to advance our breast cancer expertise and to strengthen our client’s role in fighting cancer. This is a new position to ensure focus on the innovative therapies. You will report to the Sales & Marketing Director of the region.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Associate Director Product Manager is a true professional and responsible for the brand strategy, the set up of the tactical plans for Oncology and is taking the business and stakeholders along on this journey.
- Lead the development and implementation of integrated tactical plans aligned to brand strategy to agreed budget and schedules. This will include driving appropriate Multi-Channel-Marketing activities, in close collaboration with internal and external partners, with a continued eye for innovation in the digital marketing space. Such activities will also include performance and tracking metrics for plan evaluation
- Demonstrate leadership excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects and priorities, including close working with agencies
- Member of the BeLux Oncology Brand Team to help develop wider cross-functional activities in line with brand strategy
- Team up with the BeLux Sales Force, provide brand trainings regularly and respond to needs in a closed loop marketing fashion
- Partner with regional execution leads and with peers in product management in other affiliates for best practice sharing and innovation exchange
- Go into the field, develop effective working relationships and deploy effective engagement plans with KOLs and key prescribing specialists and other key stakeholders to strengthen the oncology brand´s position within the oncology market.
- Continually monitor environment and leverage market research/analytics to optimize marketing plan and tactics
- Ensures that all marketing activities are in compliance with the internal SOPs and Belgian & Luxemburg Codes of Practice.
- Expertise and track record of successful marketing plan development and implementation, budget management and tracking progress of campaigns
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute strategy
- Strong team ethic and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Good knowledge of Belgium and Luxemburg Healthcare environment
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining a strong network of KOLs and key prescribers
- Good analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and then developing appropriate cross-functional solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required.
- Advanced planning and organizational skills, including ability to follow tasks/assignments through to completion
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in Life Sciences, Marketing or equivalent
- Strong marketing experience in oncology market is required – preferably in Breast Cancer.
- Strong track record and experience in field roles, such as pharmaceutical sales, is required.
- Good working knowledge of oncology landscape in Belgium and Luxemburg
- Competent experience of using Microsoft Office products is required
- e-Marketing experience is preferred
- Product launch experiences is preferred
Our client Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
We are looking for an Associate Director Product Manager Oncology who worked in a life science environment before, specifically on oncology marketing. You will embrace internal collaboration with the other departments. But above all you are capable of developing a future proof commercial and marketing strategy for the oncology therapy/ies provided. And you do understand a difference can be made towards the patients and in the patient’s lives. You will take responsibility and ownership.