Our Client is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of nearly 7,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 17 marketed products, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining our client, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Our client subsidiary is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced ‘Project focused Account Manager’ to join our client’s team in Belgium to focus on the Walloon market. You will have a counterpart in Flanders and report to the Sales & Marketing Director Belgium. This position will be based in Belgium and you can decide where you would like to work from.
This is a new position to ensure focus on the subsidiary’s innovative therapies. Key challenges therefore will be to develop awareness of the unmet medical need in haematological oncological therapy, and to create professional relationships with the relevant stakeholders in the region.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Cell Therapy Account Manager is responsible for assessing, cultivating and managing professional relationships across broad stakeholder groups within targeted Transplant Hospitals, Peripheral Oncology Hospitals and Cell Therapy qualified treatment centres. The Cell Therapy Account Manager will interact with the respective networks to ensure the successful introduction and utilization of cell therapy products.
Activities will focus on maintaining world-class, patient centric operations in the targeted accounts (Onco-Hematologists in Transplant Hospitals, Peripheral Onco Hospitals and existing or future Cell Therapy qualified treatment centres), as well as project managing the qualification of existing and additional centres as part of the role.
Being a core member of the commercial team, you will add value through engagement with stakeholders at all levels to drive referrals, ensure differentiation and continue establishing the client as the leader in cell therapy
- Responsible for educating targeted HCPs in hospitals on Cell Therapy and Oncology products
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets, and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory
- Initiates systems to regularly measure sales progress and action plans. Documents and provides feedback on performance.
- Is productive at developing in-depth market interpretation of sales analysis data.
- Organizes sales initiatives within the market and follows up on these to ensure their successful completion.
- May take the lead on projects within team e.g. liaison role with marketing, meetings coordinator etc.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. expenses etc.
- Manages territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works closely and cooperatively with head Office, Medical, Marketing and other internal xFunctional client’s team members.
- Actively gains and shares customer insights, providing timely follow-up on commitments and requests
- Operates in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies.
Specific responsibilities for working with qualified treatment centres for Cell Therapy
- Ability to navigate a complex account environment and understand the needs/issues of various stakeholders at all levels within the account and referral network
- Responsible for meeting with appropriate leaders across the qualified centres to continue educate and logistically support the use of clients’ product(s)
- Co-ordinates together with the SQM and the xFunctional team the qualification of the new centres for the use of clients’ products(s)
- Close collaboration with the Case Manager, who is responsible for ensuring an accurate cell journey until delivery
- Provides to the cross-functional team appropriate and timely feedback and insights from interactions with healthcare professionals (HCPs) (including account business trends, changes in the therapeutic landscape, industry issues and business opportunities.)
- Has a proven track record of successful pharmaceutical medical or healthcare sales experience and relevant disease/product knowledge, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills, homed in highly competitive markets.
- Is familiar with industry trends and remains current with competitor’s resources and practices. Can speak to the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol, and asks in-depth questions of experts to clarify understanding.
- Proactively identifies issues, opportunities, and resolutions and can present and effectively communicate issues and recommendations to marketing and sales management.
- Serves as a technical expert of assigned product, therapeutic/disease classes, and patient needs to educate/influence key physicians/community members. Can credibly discuss the science of therapeutic products with relevant stakeholders. Strong commercial and scientific acumen, being able to translate scientific information and eloquently educate on the value proposition of client’s construct
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of external business drivers and internal company operations. Understands client’s staffing and decision-making networks, and how to get work done within the institution. Incorporates this knowledge into business plans.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability and desire to provide unprecedented customer support across stakeholder groups
- Possesses a long term, strategic understanding of the hematology/oncology market
- Experience executing with products/therapies that require complex customer delivery including logistics management
- Ability to successfully work and collaborate with field based and internal cross functional partners (Business Unit Director, CTAM lead, Medical Project Manager, Medical Scientists, National & Regional Market Access managers, Quality & Site Qualification Team, Case Managers)
- Strong business acumen and ability to evaluate and apply data to inform decision making
- Experienced managing and executing in large accounts including strategic planning, problem solving, conflict resolution
- Demonstrated initiative and willingness to work hands-on with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Must have a fluent French and a good command of conversational and written English skills, a moderate level of conversational Dutch skills could be an added value.
- Requires some overnight travel
- Typical candidates will possess a BA or BS degree, and relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry;
- Experience must include specialty sales or the appropriate therapeutic area, oncology or hematology.
Our client Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
We are looking for a driven sales expert who has an expertise in pharma. Aware of the regulatory aspects of the sector when developing new businesses. Interested or experienced in the scientific aspects of oncology/hematology/blood cell therapy by studies or earlier experience. You have good analytical and project skills, and you will take ownership and are result oriented. The client offers you a challenging role and an interesting corresponding salary package.